Court Marriage is a contractual agreement between two parties performed under the court. There are many legal procedures in court marriage registration. Having an experienced lawyer and the necessary documents in hand will help perform a successful court marriage.
There are specific rules and regulations for court marriage in Delhi. If you hire a love marriage lawyer, the lawyer will help you avoid legal problems.
At Divorce Lawyer New Delhi, we will help you perform your court marriage in a smooth and trusted manner. Before availing our services, you can look at the basics of court marriage.
Before entering into a court marriage, you need to meet the eligibility conditions as prescribed by the law. While particular religious marriages may have specific conditions based on their traditions, the general rules are as follows-
- You should not have a valid pre-existing marriage at the time of the court marriage. The only exception to this rule is if your spouse is no longer living or you have already obtained a divorce from them.
- Mutual consent from both partners is a prerequisite. It is essential that neither of the parties has an unsound mind, suffer from mental disorders or any other factor that might deem their consent incompetent.
- Both the parties should have attained their legal marriage age. Only those who are 21 years of age or above are eligible to get married.
- It is essential that at least one of the parties – the bride or the groom – hold valid Indian citizenship.
- As mentioned in the Special Marriage Act, the bride and the groom should not have a prohibited degree of relationship. However, if a religious custom permits such a marriage, the parties will be eligible for the court marriage.
- The marriage will be solemnized only in the presence of three witnesses, who have authorized ID proof with them.
If you are eligible and fulfill the conditions to perform a court marriage, you should have the following documents with you.
- Date of Birth and Age proof documents (10th Marksheet, Passport, Voter ID, Pan Card)
- Address proof documents (Aadhar Card, Passport, Ration Card, Voter ID)
- Passport size photos of both
- 2 Witnesses – ID, Address proof, three passport size photos each
- Proof if you are a divorcee/widow/widower
- Filled and signed application form of court marriage
- Separate affidavits signed by both
How to find the best court marriage advocate?
If you plan to do court marriage in Delhi, finding the best lawyer would help you complete the procedures without any problems. They will have the expertise and know the procedures.
There are many court marriage advocates in Delhi. So consider the following factors when you hire a lawyer.
- Fair Fees – Fee is a significant component in finding a lawyer. A typical court marriage lawyer would not charge high fees. So check if the lawyer is asking for genuine pay.
- Professionalism – Professional and dedicated lawyers will understand your concerns and do the necessary activities speedily and successfully.
- Expertise – Professionals who have high expertise should be your go-to choice. An experienced lawyer will help you deal with legal situations.
How We Can Help You
Marriage is a very special moment in your life. We truly understand your emotions and strive towards providing satisfying services to you.
We are an experienced team of lawyers who will help you perform court marriage in Delhi quickly without any hassle. So rest assured that you do not have to worry about delayed processes or complicated procedures.
We value the promise of professionalism very dearly. As a result, we ensure that your personal data is guarded safely and is therefore wholly confidential.
Moreover, we are present by your side to assist you throughout the process. Therefore, you can expect nothing less than the best results from our services.
We handle each court marriage independently and ensure it happens smoothly. Our leading advocates specializing in court marriages and have several years of expertise will help you.
We offer the following services:
Arya Samaj Marriage
Divorce Lawyer Delhi Can Help You Get Through Annulment
Our lawyers can help if you are, unfortunately, on the verge of seeking annulment to your marriage. They take each case individually to make sure your rights are secured.
The legal age for marriage for both males and females is 21. Apart from the legal age, you should meet other criteria like you shouldn't be in a pre-existing marriage and should give consent for the marriage freely.
Yes, court marriage is legal. Under the Special Marriages Act 1954, marriages can be performed in a court in the presence of a Marriage Officer. You need to have witnesses. Indians, irrespective of caste, creed or religion, can get married.
Yes, court marriage is a real marriage. It is performed in front of a magistrate under the court of law.
Court marriages are simple and save a lot of time and huge expenses. So court marriage is an economical option.